Thursday, May 5, 2011

Featherweight progress...

I wish I loved finishing projects as much as I love starting them. I'm about a third of the way done with my Featherweight cardigan, and it's going really well. I was getting a little bored with all the stockinette for the body, so I did one of the sleeves. The other sleeve opening is still on a stitch holder, so it's a little awkward to try on. But here it is - so far...





I am loving the yarn - the color, the feel, everything. And it is such an easy pattern to follow. But the stockinette is really boring. Really, really boring. My eye started wandering...



And I cast on for a Tropical Lily top for my daughter. I am happy to report that I'm using stash yarn for this project - some Lion Brand Cotton Ease originally bought for a sweater (I am determined to meet that pesky stash busting creative resolution). That was a few years ago - so there's no longer enough for a sweater at her present size. This summer tank seemed like a good match for it. The lace pattern is really easy to follow and is keeping my interest a little more. Well, at least until another project catches my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment