But I guess you have to keep trying. The chocolate cake went into the trash, and I spent the next day trying to declutter our family room - another one of those resolutions: get our house organized and decluttered. So as I'm going through the tangle of yarn, needles, hooks, beads and wire that resides in a basket by my couch - a literal tangle of all these things, mind you- I start to think that I really should be making some crafty type resolutions as well. Keeping better track of and organizing my supplies immediately springs to mind. But it seems the right time of year to set goals for myself creatively. And considering how knitting/crochet/crafty stuff somehow always seem to take priority over those other pesky tasks like, say, cleaning and organizing, perhaps these are resolutions I might actually be able to stick to.
So in no particular order, and off the top of my head.... this year, I want to:
- Knit and FINISH a sweater for myself.
- Explore colorwork a little more - work more with Fair Isle and try intarsia.
- Start and hopefully finish a blanket for my son.
- Work more with wire knitting and crochet.
- Decrease my yarn stash by (gulp) half.
- Learn needle felting.
- Post at least weekly to my blog.
So tell me, what are your creative resolutions?